The Allagash Wilderness Waterway Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation created to enhance the wilderness character of the Allagash Wilderness Waterway, protect its environment, preserve its historic and cultural values and foster knowledge and understanding of the Waterway.
The AWWF fulfills its mission by raising funds from private and public sources that supplement, not replace, necessary and appropriate state and federal funding. It supports:
• Youth access to the experience of this unique and remote public resource;
• Acquisition of critical lands and/or easements along the watercourse;
• Necessary capital improvements and infrastructure development and restoration;
• Natural, historic, and cultural interpretation and public educational programming; and
• Research, planning, and demonstration projects to strengthen the management, use and experience of the Waterway.